It is our commitment to respect your privacy. Accordingly, we established the following policies to protect the personal data you provide us. The policies have been written in accordance with the guidelines of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong in respect of personal data.
We are a member of Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited, the website www.gilman-group.con (the "Website") is operated by Gilman Home Appliances, 5/F, DCH Building, 20 Kai Cheung Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong(“Gilman”). By accessing this Website or any of its pages, you agree to the following terms and conditions, as they may be modified from time to time. In this regard, Gilman reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of these pages, or with any or all of the terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing this Website.
Use of Information and Materials
This site should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to sell in any country to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such country.
Copyright and Trademarks
The trademarks, trade names, logos and service marks displayed on this Website are owned by Gilman or other parties. These may not be used without the written permission of Gilman or the party owning these.
Materials on this site are protected by copyright. You are provided access to these materials only for your personal use. No part of these materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without our prior written consent.
Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from users may be used by Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited and Gilman for the following purposes, without limitation:
- Ensuring the continuous provision of services;
- Contacting users for the promotion of events;
- Tailoring the services for the needs of users;
- Conducting surveys and researches, for example, a survey of items where the needs of users of Gilman are not met;
- Customizing the contents of this website based on the needs of an individual user for its personal use;
- Notifying users of any updates of the information of this website;
- Notifying users of relevant promotional activities, special offers or new products;
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of the activities and characteristics of relevant users so as to assess their interest in, and frequency of use of.
- To process your request for any products or services offered by us;
- To fulfill requests submitted by you, whether online, over the phone, through our mobile services, or through other methods;
- To delivery of associated benefits and services, ongoing research and programme development, as well as delivering news and information, and for other record-keeping purposes;
- For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as conducting market research or sending you updates on the latest offers and promotions in connection with Gilman Group Limited, Gilman Home Appliances, Gilman Group companies, e.g. ToolBox Limited, Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited or partners;
- For identification and verification purposes, in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To respond, handle and process any enquiries submitted by you;
- To administer contests and sweepstakes conducted by us or on our behalf, including disclosing the winner of any such contest;
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directors or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Hong Kong;
- To facilitate payments for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and business associates, including verification of credit card details with third parties and to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties);
- To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties);
- To provide Home Appliances related and/or loyalty programme related services;
- To pass on to and for the use by any of our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any other travel related services and offers such companies and associates may offer from time to time;
- To fulfill the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone marketing, SMS or other means that are allowed by local authorities.
- We may also from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design our website and/or to improve our services and products. This means we may provide this information to third parties. However, this information will never identify any single member of the programme in particular.
- Except as provided below, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Personal Data you provide to use in ways unrelated to the aforementioned purposes without your prior consent.
Except for the above purposes, Gilman will keep confidential the personal data of its users and visitors who have browsed its website. In addition to keeping the data confidential, Gilman will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all personal data held by Gilman in this website will be stored in a secure and safe place. Gilman will also train its staff to ensure that the established confidentiality codes are complied with.
- making its security measures more meticulous;
- providing better and more personalized services, and enabling users to participate in personalized interactive activities;
- conducting statistics on the number of visitors and analyzing their browsing modes in order to grasp the browsing situation of the website as a reference for Gilman to improve its services.
If a user selects to reject all cookies, he/she may not be able to use some of the personalized services or participate in some of the activities. A user may change its level of acceptance of cookies by selecting in the browser, including accepting all cookies, being notified when cookies are set, rejecting all cookies, etc.
Gilman cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use its Website. If a minor has provided Gilman with data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact our customer support to remove and unsubscribe the relevant data.
Neither Gilman nor any other Gilman Group member is responsible for the set-up of or the contents available on any other websites linked to this site. Access to such other websites is at the user's own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access.
By providing hyperlinks to other websites, neither Gilman nor any of the Gilman Group members shall be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service/products they provide on their website, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and web sites. Gilman is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by Gilman.
Transmitting over the Internet
Due to the nature of the Internet, transactions may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. Gilman is not liable for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages and transactions you send.
We do not represent or warrant that this Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with this Website.
The English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail over any Chinese version (if any) which is provided for information purposes only.